Monday, February 22, 2010

Somebody's gettin on my nerves........

OK, I need to get this off my chest, and well, since this is my blog and I can say what I want, I'm gonna complain for a minute. You know what bugs the crap out of me????? When people who are really not my friend all of the sudden act like my friend so they can invite me to something that benfits them. For example: if I have not seen you or talked to you in like 4 years, it is not cool to invite me to your jewelry selling party.....hello!!! And please do not waste my time sending me useless invitations on FB to see your husband's band play. Seriously.........I barely know you and just because we're FB friends, you think I'm gonna come to this event? I would be more than happy to support your husband's band or buy some of your jewelry if we were actually friends who talk and see each other on a regular basis.

Oh, and while we're on the topic of FB, I really don't care to read your posts every day about how your hubby is so wonderful and after 10 years of marriage your sex is still so hot, honesty, I do not need to know that. That ranks right up there with PDA's......come on, we're adults now. I'm sorry, but this behavior is just plain rude and I would never dream of pulling something like that. Get a clue, people!!!!!!

OK, feel better now :)

4 comments:

D or K of the Boutwell 3 said...

Wow! Way to go Melanie! I have to agree with all of it though. People seriously need to watch what they say in a public forum, or social network. Who really wants to hear about anyone's sex, I thought those things were between husband & wife. Maybe I am just old & mistaken. I agree also about sending ridiculous invitations to people who they have not been in contact with for years. That is incredibly annoying.

If you do not mind I want to add another little favorite of mine - Someone sends a friend request repeatedly even though there was an actual conversation where it was said "I no longer want to speak to, or be in contact with you." I do not want to block people, but I am really beginning to think it is not a bad idea. I try to politely ignore the friend request, but really does it have to be said again? It was hard enough to do it the first time....

Anyway, I get it. Glad you thought to share & get it off of your chest - I appreciate it! : )

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTA!!!! I also don't need to see inappropriate pics either! Maybe I'm just old but if my daughter were to walk in and see certain pics....I would have a lot of explaining to do and at age 5 I really don't want to go there! OH AND seriously do we need to have the foulest mouth in the south to be "cool"???? Maybe I am just old now! :)

miss_mel said...

Thanks girls, I'm glad I'm not the only one. And yes, Julie, the pics are a little creepy if you ask me.

D or K of the Boutwell 3 said...

Julie that is so true! My daughter is far from 5, but I would still have some explaining to do too with some of the pics I have seen.

As far as foul mouths, nothing is worse than a teenager with a little verbal freedom. I have quite a few as friends due to being at the school all the time & knowing so many. However I have stated on several occasions 'if I see one inappropriate comment on updates or any of the other interactions you will be deleted'. I felt it seemed really harsh, but the language stopped...what I saw of it did anyway. But I said all that to say - I agree, people need to grow up.